125 - Waters (Missouri) dec. Terao (American) 4-1
- Tomasello (Ohio State) tech fall Mines (Edinboro) 16-1
- Gilman (Iowa) dec. Dance (Virginia Tech) 7-5
- Moisey (West Virginia) dec. Kilmara (Okla State) 5-2
133 - Chris Dardanes (Minnesota) dec, Devoy (Drexel) 7-2
- Brewer (Oklahoma) maj.dec. DiCamillo (Virginia) 14-5
- Clark (Iowa) dec, Hall (Iowa State) 7-1
- Guibbon (Penn State) dec, Taylor (Wisconsin) 9-4
141 - Logan Stieber (Ohio State) techfall Abidin (Nebraska) 16-1
- Jack (NCarolina State) dec. Carter (Virginia Tech) 10-8
- Mecate (Old Dominion) dec.Heil (Okla State) 4-3
- Port (Edinboro) dec. Ashnault (Rutgers) 9-4
149 - Houdashelt (Missouri) maj.dec. Richardson (Old Dominion) 10-0
- Villalonga (Cornell) dec, Cobb (Penn) 4-1
- Habat (Edinboro) dec. Claxton (Ohio) 10-0
- Tsirtsis (Northwestern) dec. Mastriani (Virginia Tech) 2-0
157 - Martinez (Illinois) dec. Brascetta (Virginia Tech) 10-4
- Green (Nebraska) dec. Minoti (Lehigh) 12-4
- Ness (Minnesota) dec. Murphy (Michigan) 4-3
- Realbuto (Cornell) dec. Miller (Kent State) 11-9 OT
165 - Alex Dieringer (Okla State) maj.dec. Morse (Illinois) 18-6
- Bo Jordan (Ohio State) pinned Moore (Northern Iowa) 3:56
- Walsh (Indiana) dec. Issac Jordan (Wisconsin) 4-3
- Ramos (UNC) def. Harger (Northwestern) inj.def.
174 - Wilps (Pitt) dec. Kokesh (Nebraska) 3-2
- Crutchmer (Okla State) dec. Latham (Oregon State) 5-2
- Evans (Iowa) dec. Storley (Minnesota) 2-1 OT
- Brown (Penn State) dec. Epperly (Virginia Tech) 2-1
184 - Dean (Cornell) dec. Brooks (Iowa) 3-1
- Avery (Edinboro) maj.dec. Meeks (Oregon State) 14-5
- Courtis (Ohio State) dec. McCutcheon (Penn State) 7-5 OT
- Brown (Lehigh) dec. Thomusseit (Pitt) 7-4
197- J'Den Cox (Missouri) dec. Huntley (Michigan) 3-2
- Snyder (Ohio State) dec. Schiller (Minnesota) 3-2
- Gadson (Iowa State) maj. dec. Burak (Iowa) 12-2
- Hartmann (Duke) dec. McIntosh (Penn State) 3-2
285 - Nick Gwiazdowski (NCarolina St) maj.dec. Lawson (Penn St) 11-3
- Medberry (Wisconsin) dec. Marsden (Okla State) 5-3 OT
- Coon (Michigan) dec, Myers (Maryland) 2-1
- McMullan (Northwestern) dec. Cabell (Northern Iowa) 6-3
MAT NOTES :
Heading into the quarterfinals only eight wrestlers of the field of 330- remained unbeaten; Alan Waters (32-0), Chris Dardenes (25-0), Logan Stieber (26-0), Isaiah Martinez (31-0), Alex Dieringer (31-0), Robert Kokesh (36-0), J'Den Cox (35-0) and New York native Nick Gwiazdowski (33-0). Four are reigning NCAA champions; Stieber, Dieringer, Cox and Gwiazdowski. Two-time champ Jesse Delgado was defeated by David Terao with a 4-2 verdict. At 165 pounds, cousins - Bo Jordan (19-1) of Ohio State and Issac Jordan (24-2) of Wisconsin advanced to the quarterfinal round. NCAA powers; Okla State (34 team titles) and Iowa (23) are right on the heels of the Buckeyes. Defending four-team champion Penn State is in the mix and has a pivotal quarterfinal bout with Matt McCutheon vs Kenny Couris (Ohio State) at 184 pounds. The two-day attendance is 18, 414 true wrestling fans. Today's quarterfinals and semifinals will be televised by ESPNU and ESPN. Also look for ESPN reporters; Long Islanders - Quint Kessenich (Lynbrook HS) and Billy Baldwin (Berner HS) with great coverage on the NCAA meet.
TEAM SCORES : (After Quarterfinals)
1. Ohio State (64,5 points)
2. Iowa (47)
3. Missouri (45.5)
4. Cornell (41.5)
5. Edinboro (40.5)
6.. Oklahoma State (35.5)
7. Penn State (33.5)
8. Nebraska (32.5)
9. Minnesota (29)
10. Michigan (26.5)
2015 NCAA WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS QUARTERFINAL RESULTS
Jamel Hudson of Hofstra is on the attack against Jameston Oster of Northwestern. Hudson won this 141 pound first round match with a fall.
Iowa State's Kyven Gadson used this throw (which he calls the "Gadson") to pin Eastern Michigan's Anthony Ambro in 4:55 during the second round action.
Oklahoma State's defending champion Alex Dieringer won 18-6 to advance into the 165 pound semifinals.
Defending champ and unbeaten Nick Gwiazdowski of NC State works for a reversal at 285 pounds. Gwiazdowski advanced into tonight's semifinals with an 11-3 victory.
Defending champ and unbeaten Nick Gwiazdowski of NC State controls Rutger's Will Smith en route to an 8-3 decision at 285 pounds.
Iowa's Corey Clark takes Iowa State's Earl Hall to the mat. Clark won this 133 pound quarterfinal 7-1 as the Iowa Hawkeyes finished the round in second place.
Binghamton's Tyler Deuel controls Pitt's Ryan
Solomon at 285 pounds. Deuel won this first round bout 8-3.
Nebraska's Anthony Abidin (Hills East HS) won his first two matches to advance to Friday's quarterfinal round.
Cody Ruggirello of Hofstra used his bar arms to pick up a first round victory over Hunter Stieber of Ohio State.
ESPNU commentators Billy Baldwin and Quint Kessenich (both former Long Island standout wrestlers.
Cornell's Brian Realbuto rides Arizona State's Oliver Pierce. Realbuto won this 157 pound bout 9-0.
Cornell's Brian Realbuto spins behind Ian Miller of Kent State to win 11-9 in this controversial 157 pound overtime quarterfinal bout.
Ohio State's Logan Stieber turns Nebraska's Anthony Abidin in quarterfinal round action at the NCAA Championships. Stieber won this 141 pound bout 16-1 as the Buckeyes opened up a 20 point lead over Iowa.
FIRST AND SECOND ROUND PHOTOS
Cornell's Dylan Palacio (Long Beach HS) used a series of takedowns to beat Pitt's Troy Reaghard 14-4 in the first round.