Whitman's Vin Feola stacks Whitehall's Tyler Hudson in the 220 pound semifinal bout. Feola won a close one 3-2.
Rocky Point's Tommy Dutton throws Minisink Valley's Mike Raccioppi in the 145 pound semifinal. Dutton came away with an 11-2 victory.
Jakob Restrepo of Sachem East works for a reversal as he puts Thomas Wightman of Warsaw on his head. Restrepo advanced to the finals with a 6-1 win.
Vito Arujau of Syosset
Nick Piccinnini of Ward Melville.
John Arceri Huntington.
Defending NYS Champion Jacori Teemer of Long Beach uses his Schalles on Tommy Cox of Deer Park in the 106 pound semifinal which Teemer won by fall.
99- Adam Busiello (ESM-11) techfall Justin Lopez (Yonkers-1) 16-0
- Benny Baker (NewVall-4) dec. Kyle Mosher (SS-8) 2-1
106- Jacori Teemer (LB-8) pinned Tommy Cox (DP-11) 4:50
- Jake Silverstein (Haup-11) dec. Kelan McKenna (NHart-3) 5-2 OT
113- Jay Albis (JohnJay-1) dec. Kyle Quinn (Wantagh-8) 4-2
- John Arceri (Hunt-11) dec. Austin Hertel (Hilton-5) 3-2
120- Yianni Diakomihalis (Hilton-5) pinned Gerard Daly (MVall-9) 1:08
- Peter Pappas (Plainview-8) dec. Vincent Vespa (MonWood-9) 1-0
126- Nick Piccininni (WM-11) dec. Anthony Orefice (Lock-6) 9-3
- Ben Lamantia (St.Anth-C)maj. dec. Parker Kropman (Pen-5) 10-3
132- Vito Arujau (Syosset-8) pinned Evan Barczak (MonWood-9) 4:54
- Jesse Dellavecchia (EI-11) pinned Da'mani Burns (NFA-9) 3:21
138- Franke Gissendanner (Penfield-5) dec. Richie Burke (Ith-4) 7-1
- Mike D'Angelo (Commack-11) dec. Brad Wade (Islip-11) 6-3
145- Tommy Dutton (RockyPt-11) maj.dec. Ryan Ferro (War-9) 11-2
- Mike Raccioppi (MinVall-9) dec. Jake Einbinder (Bethpage) 1-0
152- Jakob Restrepo (SachEast-11) dec. Tom Wightman (War-9) 6-1
- Anthony Bell (Fairport-5) dec. Jesse Porter (Shen-2) 3-2 OT
160- Blaise Benderoth (NRock-1) dec, Chris Mauriello (Haup) 3-0
- Louie DePrez (Hilton-5) dec. Brandon Aviles (JGlenn-11) 4-1
170- Kevin Parker (Shen-2) dec. Francisco Bisono (Haup-11) 7-4
- Nate Schwab (Clarence-6) dec. JP Puca (Huntington-11) 5-2
182- Jake Ashcraft (BurntHills-2) maj.dec. Ryan Schlager (Clar) 9-0
- David Hamil (DP-11) dec. Tom Lane (GardenCity-8) 8-3
195- Christian Araneo (WM-11) dec. Jake Braunschiedel (St.Fran-C) 9-2
- Nick McShea (MWood-9) pinned Andrew Rakitsis (Plain-8) 3:22
220- Youssif Hemida (Mam-1) dec. Brock Cvijanovich (HorGr-1) 7-1
- Vin Feola (WaltWhit-11) dec. Tyler Hudson (Whitesboro-3) 3-2
285- Nolan Terrance (Massena-10) dec. Cameron Rohr (Iron-5) 1-0
- Edwin Rubio (JGlenn-11) dec. Sean Dee (SachemEast-11) 3-2
1. Section 11- (264.5 points)
2. Section 8- (146)
3. Section 5 - (138.5)
4. Section 1- (121.5)
5. Section 9 - (100)
2015 NEW YORK STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Ben Lamantia of St. Anthony's controls Parker Kropman of Penfield en route to a 10-3 decision in the 126 pound semifinal.
Christian Araneo of Ward Melville.
David Hamil of Deer Park.
East Islip's Jesse Dellavecchia turned an inside overhead cradle into a half nelson to clamp Da'mani Burns in the 132 pound semifinal of the New York State Championships.
Twelve returning NYS champions advanced to the championship round at the 53rd annual NYSPHSAA Wrestling Championships at the Times Union Center in Albany. Defending sectional team champion Section Eleven has a commanding lead with 11 finalists and is led by three-time winner Nick Piccininni (225-5 career) of Ward Melville, who posted a solid 9-3 decision at 126, and state finalists Jesse Dellavecchia (44-0) of East Islip at 132 and Jakob Restrepo (50-0) of Sachem East at 152. Dellavecchia used his half nelson to clamp Da'mani Burns.
Sitting in second place is Section Eight with three finalists, paced by their two returning state kings, Jacori Teemer (99-4) of Long Beach at 106, and Vito Arujau (135-1) of Syosset at 132 pounds.
Section Five is currently in third place and is led by two-time champion sophomore Yanni Diakomihalis (176-3) who used a tight overhead cradle for a first period in his 120 pound semifinal bout. Another Section Five returning champ is Dane Heberlein (52-2) of Alexander advance to the Division II final at 113 pounds.
Norwich teammates and reigning champions Tristan Rifanburg (45-1) at 145 and Frank Garcia (45-1) at 152 have cruised into the finals in their respective weight classes. Long Island Divison II champions Matteo DeVincenzo (39-1) of Port Jefferson and Hunter Dusold (30-3) of Locust Valley dropped close decisions in the 120 pound bracket.
In the individual team scores in Division I Hilton is leading with 58 points followed by Hauppauge (42) and Monroe-Woodbury (38). The Division II team leader is Locust Valley with 64 points followed by Mexico (60) and Warsaw (48.5).